Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2019

Pseudoscience Task

Walt: Find and link information across a range of texts


What was the author's main message in pseudoscience
To start off with there was a lot to take in as the author had so much to say. What I loved about
it though was that she tried to talk more about scientific statements that sound incredibly
convincing, but who knows if it’s true or not. So far, from what I’ve read I think his/her main
statement was how we are able to improve our memory and eyesight, one way is to eat
carrots and chocolate. After reading this I knew and thought really hard that this was all a fake,
for me personally I would say that carrots are just ordinary healthy vegetables and chocolate
or sweets, it's something that can get many people hyped depending on the amount of
chocolate that has been given. Overall I think her main point in pseudoscience was to not
always believe facts and ads especially if they sound scientific towards people. I would
definitely agree with the author as science people are able to get something wrong in life.   


What are some of the differences between scientists and advertisers?
Scientists
Advertisers
Know more knowledge
Tempt people to buy their items
Scientist people test their things before
handing/selling their items
Make up a few things which may sound
believable to some viewers


Write 3 sentences explaining something new you’ve learned from this reading. 

That people shouldn’t believe everything advertisers and scientists put on google. I really think this was an important thing to share as many kids still use the information of what advertisers and scientists say. Everyone shouldn’t be using this knowledge and posting it as it’s known for being copyrighted and not quite true. 

I also wanted to share another statement of what I’ve also learnt which was to not eat loads and loads of sweet (Chocolate, lollies, fizzy drinks) as it’s not good for your health and can lead you to serious issues for beyond the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment