Pages

Friday 26 January 2018

Bonus Activity: Shake it off:)

Bonus Activity: Shake it Off


In recent years, many New Zealanders have embraced a new form of exercise called
Zumba©. It was developed by a man named Alberto Perez who lives in the country of
Columbia. He created Zumba by bringing together many different dance styles including:
cumbia, mambo, hip-hop, soca, samba, salsa, tango, merengue and mambo.


We were to choose one of the dance styles mentioned above and click on the name to
read more about it. Once we have completed that we had to post three interesting facts
about the dance style on our blog. In which country did it originate? Who originally created it?  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------------------
TODAY I HAVE CHOSEN THE TANGO DANCE:)
Here are my 3 most interesting facts I now know about the Tango dance:)

1:)  The Tango dance consists mainly in South America. The Tango dance was originated in a country called Argentina. They then began the border river - plate of Argentina & Uruguay.

2:) The  Tango dance is mainly performed in traditional gatherings, parties, Special events, dancing shows or even Parades. The music was form from a place called Europe. 

3:) The Tango dance began to spread wide world in the very early years of the 1800's. The dance originated in lower classes in Buenos Aires as well as Montevideo
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope you all enjoyed my blog post called Shake it off. I wander what dance you would choose? If you do know what dance you would choose please leave a short comment down below. I really do hope you enjoyed my post & please stay tunned for tomorrow's blog post:)

Thank you heaps for reading my blog post:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hinerangi,

    I really enjoyed reading your post about the Tango. I didn't know that it originated in Argentina. That is really cool!

    When I was a student at university in Canada I studied Physical & Health Education. As part of my studies I had to take a ballroom dancing class and I actually learned how to do the tango. It was pretty tricky to learn but my dance partner, Jess, and I had a great time in the class. Have you ever taken dance lessons?

    I hope that you have had a great summer holiday. I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to comment on all of your posts but I have been working to support all of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) staff and this has kept me really, really busy!

    I can't wait to see you when I come to Pt England school early in Term 1 to hand out the certificates and prizes for the SLJ.

    See you soon,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hinerangi!

    Great work on completing another activity. It's evident that you have really read through the article and gathered what you knew and made it into your own words! I think that's great. Also, nice touch of adding that little image attribution under your image.

    Nice work! Good luck for school next week!

    -Willy

    ReplyDelete