Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey - Day 1:

Day 1: 100% PURE New Zealand  
3.jpg                                 
Well, the time has now come! School’s out for the holidays and your tour of New Zealand is about to begin. I hope that you are ready and excited! Curious Kiwi certainly is – he can’t wait to start the Great Kiwi Road Trip! Before you all hit the road, let’s take a minute to review some key facts about New Zealand.


Activity 1:  Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in your own words. Do not simply copy and paste the facts from the website.
Fact - 1: There is approximately 69% of the European descent, 14.6% of indigenous Maori people, 9.2% of Asian & Approximately no Maori Pacific islanders around or in New Zealand.
Fact - 2: The most popular spectator sport here in New Zealand is Rugby Football. All Blacks have been winning the Rugby World cup.
Fact - 3: There are over 15% of New Zealanders that own there own Boat.
Activity 2:
My 1st favourite one was looking at the dinosaurs in Auckland Museum.
2nd: I have just found out that Mission Bay is also known as an inner City which is near Auckland City.
3rd: The Native Maori or known as New Zealand ancestors sailed here about 1.000 years ago.
4th: I enjoyed going to Rainbows end.
5th: Kids loved to visit the Auckland Zoo as well as discovering all different Animals around the Auckland Zoo.



C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png             H:\Blogging Study\WLJ 2017\New Zealand flag.png
Bonus Activity:
To earn full points you must describe the flag, in words, below the picture. Please tell us what is on the flag and what inspired your design.   

This is my Aotearoa flag. Did you notice that every colour on this flag actually represents something. The White colour represents the long white cloud,  The Green colour represents the land including Grass, Tree's, & many more land things. Last of all the Blue represents the water / Sea. The background of the black represents all sorts of things like the All Blacks, Maori & many more things. This whole thing here is my bonus activity. 

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hinerangi and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme this year! I am thrilled that you are blogging with us!!

    I really enjoyed reading through all three of your activity posts and, particularly, admire the flag that you have created. You clearly thought a lot about the choice of colours and what they represented for you. I think that you have made some excellent and insightful choices.

    I also like that you have posted three interesting facts about New Zealand in your own words. The first fact, telling us about the ethnic breakdown of New Zealand, is great. I think that one important number may be missing from the post, however. Could you please tell me how many Maori and Pacific Islanders live in New Zealand? I would love to know!

    Thanks so much, Hinerangi. I hope that you will continue to post awesome blogs over the next two weeks.

    I'll see you online :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Rachel:

      I would like to say Thank you for reading my post and I do hope that I will continue the Winter learning journey programme this year!. The ammount of people is 14.6% indigenous Maori and 6.9% non-maori Pacific Islanders that live in New Zealand. My bad for getting it wrong but I have now understand the task as it said non and not no. Thanks for your comment though.

      Your most dearly:
      Hinerangi!!!

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Hinerangi,

      Thanks so much for the reply and for answering my question. I really appreciate it!

      Sincerely,

      Rachel

      Delete