Pages

Sunday 16 July 2017

WLJ Day 5 Activity 1...

Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest. For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest...
My Story!
“Where are we? “What is this place? “Can anyone hear me? Slowly walking around the forest I had just found out that I was all alone in the forest. As I “SCREAMED HEEEEE LLLLLL PP PP there was no one who had answered me. My team & Curious Kiwi was nowhere to be found. All there was left was myself, a bag filled with food such as Goodies, Fruit, Can of Baked Beans & Spaghetti, Well as 2 soft blankets. Walking around the forest I had started to pick up long but fat chunks of sticks to build my shelter. As I sat there my eyes slowly closed and suddenly I fell asleep. On a very sunny day I totally had a feeling that someone would come and rescue me such as my teammates & Curious Kiwi. Clickery, Clackery, Clack something or someone was behind the bush. Slowly walking to the bush all I could hear was tiny whispers. BOOOO “We got you didn’t we huh. You got me well. Hey has anyone seen Curious Kiwi, I think you know where Curious Kiwi is don’t you, Turn around kid. OMG it’s you Curious Kiwi why didn’t you tell me you were here. At least we are all here together as one big happy family. So where are heading to next huh. Now it’s my turn, What would you do if you were all alone in a forest? Comment below….
THE END

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hineranagi ,
    Well done on your WLJ Work on day 5 i really like reading your story because is it really interesting to read how many times and i would do the same thing as you if i was lost in the forest .

    Well done keep up the hard Work keep going Hinerangi
    Can't wait to see more WLJ Post's Coming


    Your Friend :)
    Lillyana G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hinerangi,

    Hmmmm, what a good question you have asked. I wonder what I would do if I found myself all alone in a forest. I think that I would probably sit very still and try to listen carefully to see if I could hear footsteps or the sound of voices. If I couldn't hear anyone then I think that I would try to retrace my steps and go back in the direction that I first came. It would be pretty scary, though!

    Did you hear on the news today (Monday 17 July) that a woman got lost in the Mt Ruapehu area last night and wasn't found until early this morning? Mt Ruapehu is in the middle of the north island and it is currently covered in snow. The poor woman! She must have been so scared (and very cold).

    I hope that neither of us ever has to experience what it feels like to be truly lost, in the forest or on a mountain!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete